Air Travel Tips
Here are some tips to make air travel more comfortable:
- Try to book an aisle seat toward the front of the aircraft.
- Do not wear tight clothing. Do wear comfortable shoes.
- Slip ut of your shoes and elevate your feet on your carry-on stowed under your seat.
- Eat lightly.
- Put a pillow behind the small of your back.
- Drink plenty of nonalcoholic, non-caffeine beverages. A glass of water every hour is recommended.
- Take an occasional stroll around the cabin.
- Bring a sweater or jacket, or wear a two-piece athletic/exercise/jogging suit with a jacket.
- Use lip balm on lips, moisturizer for skin, and eye drops or contact lense lubricant to combat the effects of cabin dryness.
- Bring a toilet kit so you can freshen up in the rest room before arriving at your destination.
- Bring along a cassette player with earphones (not a radio, which may interfere with aircraft navigation systems), a good book, or some favorite magazines to pass the time.